Saturday 27 October 2012

Simple Living Values

Sometimes I need to ask myself a few tough questions so I can stay balanced and happy with my lifestyle.  What are my priorities in life?  How am I spending my time?  How am I spending my money?  I sometimes just need a reality check to get back to basics, as we are constantly told by society that we need more, need to be more and will be happier when….

I find if I stay true to my values I feel happy and content most of the time.  Firstly I need to remember what my values are.  Everyone’s are different, just a few of mine are good parenting, meaningful relationships, eating healthy and growing vegetables, managing my money, studying, home schooling,  holidays and time with my family.

Once I have remembered my values I need to take a close look at how I’ve been spending my time.  This usually shows me where I’m getting out of balance.  If I have been racing around for others too much and not taking care of my own health, then I tend to get sick.  If I go on a spending spree that doesn’t fit into my budget, then I tend to regret it, and suffer financially. 

If I divide up my time so I’m getting the rest I need, working on things that need my attention and spending some quality time with people that are meaningful to me things tend to go smoothly.  Life will always have its ups and downs, but I can choose how I deal with it. 

After becoming ill 6 months ago, with an illness that takes time to recover from, I have had to revaluate my priorities and how I spend my time.  My main priority at the moment is to get well again, so I’m spending my time getting the necessary rest I need and prioritising how I spend my day so I can maximise my energy levels.  Making time for reflection on my life helps me see where change needs to take place.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment