Monday 12 November 2012

Mosaic Tiling on a Budget


Mosaic tiling can be quite an expensive hobby, but here are a few ideas of how to enjoy this hobby on a budget.  All the pieces I have created are from tiles I have picked up from the local Buy Back Centre at our local Tip.  I have found all the base items to do the mosaic tiling on either at the Buy Back Centre or at garage sales.  You just need to use your imagination and you will be surprised at the pieces you can create.  Searching around for base items is part of the fun, as you never know what you might find.  The only items I have had to buy were the tile adhesive and the grout.  I find smashing up tiles quite therapeutic and a good stress release.  I just wrap the tile in an old towel and then use a hammer to break it up.  I store the broken tiles in old jars or plastic containers.  I also found a mosaic tiling book at the local Library in the discontinued section, which only cost 60 cents.  Another place to find base items to mosaic is second hand shops.  Here are a few pieces I have created:





                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment